Volunteer Opportunities (any day/time, Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 2:30pm):
- Assist in one of our many classrooms
- Help in our 2 acre garden
- Assist our students in our Jr. Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Come have lunch with students (10:45am – 12:00pm) to help with lunch time duties
- Assist in our Art Gallery with different mediums of ar
- Help with general facility maintenance of our 5 acre campus
The possibilities are limitless and no experience necessary!
We are in need of volunteers who can assist throughout the year at our fundraising events.
Tea by the Sea – JANUARY
- Event set up, registration, silent auction.
Morning Glory Brunch – APRIL
- Event set up, registration, silent auction, food and beverage support, sell raffle tickets.
Dads, Grads & Heroes Half Marathon/Superhero Fun Run – MARCH
- Facilitate a safe, fun, inclusive One Mile Fun Run experience for children and individuals with disabilities.
Haute with Heart Fashion Show & Luncheon – AUGUST
- Ballroom attendants, raffle ticket sales, registration, silent and live auction assistants needed.
HauntFest on Main Downtown El Cajon – OCTOBER
- Craft booths, event set up, activities (candy trail, rock wall, etc.) and registration assistants needed.
Student Appreciation Holiday Celebration – DECEMBER
- Student arts and crafts booths, bake sale and lunch service assistants needed.
Program Volunteers: Volunteers require a minimum of 30 hours of service. Volunteer application, interview, fingerprinting (paid for by SMSC), physical and TB and drug/alcohol screening (paid for by SMSC), driving record obtained (paid for by SMSC) and a 8-hour orientation.
CLICK HERE for a Program Volunteer Application and return to SMSC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event volunteers: Contact Cindy Fleming, Events and Development Coordinator at email@example.com. or 619-442-5129 ext. 121