We are in need of volunteers who can assist in the many areas of programming we offer, any day/time, M-F between 9am-2pm. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Lead discussion groups.
- Teach a class based on a subject you are familiar with- health, exercise, current events, safety, etc.
- Spend time with students of all ages playing games, making art, etc.
- Assist staff in classrooms.
- Go on trips with groups as part of their community-based integration.
- Work with students to water plants, prune, groom, and price plants to sell.
- Mix soil for planting and assist in harvesting.
Aquatics and Fitness
- Teach or assist a water aerobics class and/or an adaptive water education class.
- Help with pool laundry and pool/pool deck cleaning.
- Help out at a swim meet- referee or assist at the concession stand.
- Join our students during lunch hour (11am-12:30pm) and encourage healthy and safe eating habits.
- Socialize with students and assist with lunch time clean up.
Transportation and Kitchen
- Assist students during transportation to ensure timely and safe boarding and disembarking.
- Help out in the kitchen preparing lunches.
- Assist in the snack bar.
We are in need of volunteers who can assist throughout the year at our fundraising events. Volunteers need only complete an event application to be eligible.
St. Patrick’s Day Half Marathon/Green Mile Fun Run – MARCH
- Facilitate a safe, fun, inclusive Green Mile experience for children and individuals with disabilities.
Haute with Heart Fashion Show & Luncheon – AUGUST
- Ballroom attendants, raffle ticket sales, registration, silent and live auction assistants needed.
HauntFest on Main Downtown El Cajon – OCTOBER
- Craft booths, event set up, costume contest, activities (candy trail, rock wall, etc.) and registration assistants needed.
SMSC Annual Golf Tournament – NOVEMBER
- Event set up, registration, silent auction, guest relations assistance needed.
Student Appreciation Holiday Celebration – DECEMBER
- Student arts and crafts booths, bake sale and lunch service assistants needed.
At St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center we handle our own marketing, administrative responsibilities, event planning and much more. We are in need of volunteers who can assist in these areas in any way possible. We are looking for volunteers any day/time, M-F between 9am-4pm.
Facility and Grounds Volunteers
SMSC spans across five acres of land in rural El Cajon, CA. We are looking for volunteers to help with painting, fence repair, and general facility renovations and maintenance any day/time, M-F- 8am-3pm.
CLICK HERE for a Volunteer Application and return to Erica Macht, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Event volunteers excluded)
Volunteers require a minimum of 30 hours of service in 3 months or 1 year of service.Volunteer application, interview, fingerprinting (paid for by SMSC), physical and TB and drug/alcohol screening (paid for by SMSC), driving record obtained (paid for by SMSC) and a 6-hour orientation.
Event volunteers contact Erica Macht, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.