Ways to Give

St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center (SMSC) is deeply grateful for the dedicated and generous supporters who allow us to provide the quality programs that benefit adults with developmental disabilities.

Approximately 75% of funding SMSC receives comes from the State of California to cover a portion of expenses; however, state funding has decreased over the years, leaving us with a $2,000 gap per student each year.  In order to raise the remaining 25% of our annual budget, we rely on a proactive fundraising program that includes individual gifts, corporate and foundation grants, special events, endowment income, and planned gifts.

Your support will help us continue to provide quality services and programs for adults with developmental disabilities that nurture each individual’s potential to live life to the fullest.  SMSC is a non-profit, 501 ( c ) organization.  Our tax ID # is: 95-1957332.

Here are several ways that you can help:

Cash Gifts

We accept donations via cash, checks (made payable to St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center), and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). Donations can be mailed to St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center, 2119 E. Madison Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92019 or you can call (619) 442-5129 ext. 332, or you can securely donate online.

Matching Gifts

You may be able to increase and/or double your personal donation with matching funds from your employer. Check with your company’s Human Resources Department to see if it offers a Matching Gifts Program.  St. Madeleine’s also welcomes designated gifts through the United Way. (Our UW designation number is 6552.)

In-Kind Gifts

Donations of new items and gift certificates are greatly appreciated.  (We do not accept clothing or outdated items.)

Vehicle Gifts

Before getting rid of an older vehicle, please consider donating your used car, boat, motorcycle, or RV and proceeds will go to St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center. Just visit the website or call 855-500-RIDE to complete the form and they will schedule a time to pick up the vehicle from your home.

Planned / Estate Gifts

Planned gifts can be as simple as including St. Madeleine’s in your will/estate plans, or as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan. Stocks, bonds, and mutual fund shares can also be donated. A charitable gift annuity will benefit St. Madeleine’s and provide guaranteed fixed payments to the donor. (SMSC partners with Comerica Legacy  Foundation and The San Diego Foundation for charitable gift annuities.) For more information on Planned Gifts visit smsclegacy.org, or contact Kellye Buchanan at (619) 442-5129 ext. 332 or email kbuchanan@stmsc.org.

Endowment Gifts – Kraemer Endowment Foundation (KEF) 

The Kraemer Endowment Foundation was established in 1992 to ensure the financial future of St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center by protecting assets through careful and intelligent investments. The interest earned on KEF’s investments help support St. Madeleine’s operating costs and special needs. Click here for more information, download the KEF Brochure or contact Laura Nottoli Bozigian at (619) 223-5953 or John Seiber at (858) 551-9402. The KEF is a 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) tax-exempt organization.

Program Wish List 2014 

Each program at SMSC was asked to list a few items they could use for the students in their department.  If you would like to donate any of the items on our list please contact Kellye Buchanan at (619) 442-5129 ext. 332 or email kbuchanan@stmsc.org.  Please note that SMSC only accepts new items to ensure we are providing the best for our students. Click  here to view our wish list.

Online Shopping 

Shop online through AmazonSmile, and 0.5% is automatically donated to St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center. Click here to donate while you shop.

For more information on ways you can make a difference, please call Kellye Buchanan, Donor Relations Officer at (619) 442-5129 ext. 332 or email Kellye at kbuchanan@stmsc.org
St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Our tax ID number is 95-1957332.

Thank you for supporting our mission of educating and empowering individuals with developmental disabilities to realize their full potential.